We make learning lots of fun at Fiddlesticks Farms. From enjoying corny explorations in our maze to meeting friendly farm animals, it’s interactive and hands-on. There are lots of cute props for class photos, too. Reservations are required and you can make them online by clicking on the pig and pumpkins.
Field trips include:
- All phases of the Corn Maze (Passports available for guidance through maze, as requested)
- Learning Barn (Where we learn what each farm animal provides to keep us healthy)
- Live Milking Demonstrations in the Milking Parlor
- Hay Jump
- Tube Slide
- Sand Box
- Cow Train (Weather permitting)
- Hop on the Corn or Pumpkin Popper
- Hay Ride (Students ask farmers questions; this attraction weather permitting)
- Covered Picnic Area and picnic tables for lunch
- A Visit to our Country Store
- One miniature pumpkin per student
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin “Stop Bullying Before it Starts.” Download the Teacher Toolkit
- The Chick hatchery! (Chicks will typically hatch on weekends but students can see what it takes to help the chicks hatch!)
- Pumpkin Tether Ball
- The Cattle Pot Trailer (what in the heck is this?)
- Rubber Duck Races
- Spider Web
- Bouncing Pony Coral
- Photo Ops throughout the farm
- Corn Hole
- Giant Jinga
- Roly Poly
- Tug of War
- Barnyard Tic-Tac-Toe
- Pumpkin Checkers
$6 per student (pre-school ages included)
(Season Passes may NOT be used for students)
Reservations required. All field trips must be booked online.
Here’s the details
If you have a group of 300+ students OR have a special needs group, please make arrangements with Jessica at (432) 687-MAZE.
Field trip rate is only available to public and private school groups however all must have at least 25 students to qualify.
Please schedule your arrival time between 9:00 am – 10:30 am. Allow at least 3-4 hours for all activities.
Only students are to be included in the headcount. Please! No adults or extra guests!
1 assigned chaperon per 10 students is required, and that chaperon is FREE. (Teachers and teacher assistants only should be counted toward the free adults. Never count parents as free adults.) These adults are NOT to be counted in the headcount.
Field Trip Guest Policy
Due to an issue in past years, we have been forced to create a Field Trip Guest Policy. Teachers…please make your parents aware of the following:
Parents and siblings are welcome as guests but are NOT counted in the school headcount. All guests that are not school faculty members or field trip students are required to pay general admission and are required to stay with the school class and not wonder off, or they will be asked to leave the farm. If a guest signs out a student from a teacher, said guest and student are no longer allowed to stay at the farm on their own. Our weekdays are for school field trips reserved through school faculty only.
3 & under: Free
4 & up: $10 + tax
Season Passes may be used here
Lunch & Shopping
Concessions are NOW available on field trip days at the Miner’s Shack for parents and teachers, however you are still welcome to bring a sack lunch. We will have chuckwagon soda, hot beverages, nachos, soft pretzels, mini donuts, and cotton candy available.
EVERY STUDENT must still bring a sack lunch, OR…If you would like, CiCi’s Pizza is happy to deliver (PIZZA INFO)
The Country Store is open from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm for guests to purchase souvenirs, candy, drinks, & homemade pies.
A credit card is required for deposits for reservations. The credit card will not be charged until the day of your reservation. If you choose to pay by school check or cash on the reservation day, the card will not be charged at all. A 72 hour cancellation notice is required in order to avoid cancellation fees. If cancelled within 72 hours of the reservation, the credit card information will be charged for 20% of the reservation total.